baymax is literally all of us in robot form
baymax is literally all of us in robot form
We bring you week two of theshinyteam’s GTS Shiny Service!!
Here’s what you do:
1. Deposit a Scatterbug into the GTS. Any scatterbug is great.
2. Input the details I have above! Choose from Omastar, Kabutops, OR Aerodactyl. There is also Omanyte for a limited time!
3. Admin Helene of theshinyteam will trade you a shiny version of whichever pokemon you want!
If the pictures aren’t loading for you, here’s what you should enter on the GTS deposit screen:
- Pick from one of these: Omastar, Kabutops, Aerodactyl, or Omanyte (but beware the limited number of omanyte!).
- Set the gender to male and level to 91 or higher for all of the pokemon options.
- Set the message to “theshinyteam”.
- One pokemon per person
- By that I mean, NOT one of each
- You must reblog this post WITH YOUR IN-GAME NAME in order to enter ** try not to reblog until after you’ve posted your Scatterbug, that makes it easier for me
- Please be aware these pokemon are clones of non-Kalos born pokemon. If you don’t like that, don’t enter
- If your pokemon is sniped, meaning you receive something other than a shiny pokemon from a trainer not named Sanna, please send us a message off anonymous
- Due to timezones, sleeping, my life, and whatnot it may take me time to get to your trade, please be patient
- This giveaway ends one week from now on Friday, September 5th
That’s it for now, I’ll update again when I run out of Omanyte. Get posting Scatterbugs, everyone!
My in-game name is Lexie. Also, I don’t have these pokemon in my pokedex, so I can only specify the level and not the gender. Sorry, is that okay?
plot twist: JK rowling writes a series on voldemorts point of view
"i looked in the mirror and cried. i look like an egg"
Liz Climo on Tumblr.
Medieval Hair Care
- So that hair might grow wherever you wish. Take barley bread with the crust, and grind it with salt and bear fat. But first burn the barley bread. With this mixture anoint the place and the hair will grow.
- Cook down dregs of white wine with honey to the consistency of a cerotum and anoint the hair, if you wish it to be golden.
- If the woman wishes to have long and black hair, take a green lizard and, having removed its head and tail , cook it in common oil. Anoint the head with this oil. It makes the hair long and black.
- If, needed, you wish to have hair soft and smooth and fine, wash it often with hot water in which there is powder of natron [Native hydrous sodium carbonate] and vetch.
- Take some dried roses, clove, nutmeg, watercress and galangal. Let all these, powdered, be mixed with rose water. With this water let her sprinkle her hair and comb it with a comb dipped in this same water so that [her hair] will smell better. And let her make furrows in her hair and sprinkle on the above-mentioned powder, and it will smell marvelously.
("De Ornatu Mulierum /On Women’s Cosmetics." in The Trotula : A Medieval Compendium of Women’s Medicine (Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania, 2001))
image: Lorenzo Costa, Portrait of a Woman
Fun fact-some of these do work. And, they can work for Medieval POC, too! Just keep in mind that “Natural” isn’t always “Better”; the risk of allergic reactions and irritations is going to be there with pretty much any treatment or cosmetic made from plants or animals.
The “dregs of white wine” is probably dilute vinegar, which will lighten your hair, and the honey will moisturize it. This is fairly safe and beneficial for all hair types including Black hair, and can gently add highlights. Don’t, however, use undiluted vinegar on your hair or scalp.
The powder of natron is a powerful water softener, also called “washing soda” and “soda ash”. This makes water clean the hair more effectively, which in turn will make it softer. If the “vetch” referred to is milk vetch, the root is still used sometimes topically to increase blood flow to the area, which can theoretically increase hair growth. Although using soda ash in higher concentrations can significantly damage your hair, in controlled applications, it also loosens curls. It’s even used marketed as “Natural Hair Relaxer” for Black hair, under brand names like “Natralaxer”. In more dilute mixtures, it’s very good clarifier for any texture of oily hair, especially if your hair is very thick or coarse.
The dressing for hair growth with bear fat is an almost universally used recipe all over the world. Bear tallow pomade has been used by Indigenous Americans, Ancient China, Medieval Europe…pretty much everywhere. You can actually still buy it for that purpose. I think that the barley bread ash (charcoal, basically) was probably used for color and shine; a lot of different people mixed pigments into bear grease to add color and shine to their hair.This dressing used on long Black hair would have created a style much like this one:
Rather than bear fat, I find coconut oil to be an improvement. I often use it for braided styles myself, and I think that adding a bit of pigment or color to it would be a fun experiment.
Speaking of coloring hair…I have no clue whatsoever whether lizard frying oil would make a difference in hair color, but there’s honestly no reason to suppose that some kind of chemical produced by its skin couldn’t have caused a change in color…dyes and pigments can come from unlikely sources. Remember when everyone was freaking out because Starbucks used a coloring made from crushed beetles to color some of its drinks? All sorts of items have been used by all genders throughout history to add that extra special something to their hairstyles.
The hair perfume would certainly have smelled lovely, but a lot of the ingredients, like the clove, nutmeg, and galangal are not native to Europe and would have been imported from Southeast Asia and quite expensive. The ingredients as well as the recipes would have traveled from those areas. Galangal especially has beneficial topical uses similar to ginger, or tea tree oil. It’s mildly antimicrobial, so if there’s anything like fungus or dandruff clogging up your follicles, it can remove impediments to hair growth. Nutmeg oil can also mildly lighten hair a little. And all of them will result in a tingly, “spicy” scalp, and can cause burning if you have sensitive skin.
A last note-these cosmetic recipes come from a book known as “The Trotula”, which was created by Trotula of Salerno, who revolutionized Medieval medicine by and for women, synthesizing knowledge flowing out of Asia and the Middle East regarding medicine and specifically gynecology. In Medieval Europe, some of the most well-known people of color were physicians, because African and Asian medicine was well-known and revered.
At last, the one we’ve been waiting for. We’ve hit 1000 followers! Thank you all, it’s nice to know there’ so many people out there doing good!
There will be three winners chosen!
- The first winner will be chosen from entrants who follow the blog. This is to celebrate you dedicated ones, after all! They get to choose 6!
- The second winner can be anyone who enters, and can choose 4 from the remaining pokemon.
- The third winner can be anyone again, and gets the last 2.
Reblog to enter, the entry fee is to go put something cool in Wonder Trade.
Please, I do ask that everyone who enters does go and put something great in Wonder Trade. Something that will make some random person smile! Whether it’s a hard to get Pokemon, or a great item or something, please try. The whole point of this is to brighten up the community, so go make someone’s day! (Not sure what a good Pokemon is? See the FAQ on the page.)
- Winners will be drawn on the first of October, and regular giveaways will still run in addition during that time.
- Enter as many times as you like, just reblog and go be nice in Wonder Trade each time. Don’t spam though that’s lame.
- Winner must respond within a few days and collect no later than a week after, or it gets released into wonder trade!
- For every thousand notes I will add another prize.
Good luck everyone! <3
Sometimes you just need a photo of a happy tiger stretching.
the slytherins making a drinking game where they take a shot every time draco malfoy talks about harry potter
also known as the night Madam Pomfrey had to save an entire dormitory from alcohol poisoning
I’ve watched this at least 200 times
please delete this
there are people in the fandom who can
- write fanfictions
- draw fanarts
- create gifs
- think of theories
- edit stuff
and then there’s me
But there’s you, who
- Read our fanfictions
- Like/Reblog/Commission us for our fanarts
- View our gifs
- Support our theories
- Are amused by our edits
You are just as important as the rest of us.
reading ur old writing
i dont know which facial expression is most accurate
ok I can’t remember if I’ve mentioned this but I keep thinking about the story of Jack and the Beanstalk and how the best character in the whole story is only briefly mentioned. We’re given such limited amount of information about the guy that sells Jack the beans. essentially:
- This guy has access to MAGIC BEANS
- He either has NO USE for MAGIC BEANS or so many of them that he can just dispose of them
- He really badly wants a cow
Why is the whole story not about this guy
So I’m moving into a new apartment, and I was told that the room had been damaged, but nothing could have prepared me for the fact that someone had carved Li Shang’s head out of the bathroom door and written “We must defeat the Huns!” on it.